Thursday, June 22, 2006

Drillin' for Google

So what did I learn today?

First off, we all have a lot less privacy than I'd thought. Bummer. I was kind of used to being able to hide out from the autograph hounds every now and then or so.

Secondly, I learned how to search for sites that link to a particular site, a very handy tool for my upcoming career as a moonlighting webmonkey. Nice to know who's saying what about you and where you should address the checks.

"Google bombing." Fear the power of a nerd herd enraged. The Bothell Math Mafia might decide to make you an offer you can't understand.

Google's translation attempts: Still a few bugs in the system. Someone has set us up the bomb.

Cached pages - if you're a public figure, you can't count on simply updating your site to cover your tracks if you suddenly decide to abandon a previously-announced position on whether or not it should be legal to grow hemp.

That's all I got.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home