Thursday, June 22, 2006

Google Bomb!

Okay, I had heard the term “google bomb” before, but I always thought it meant to keep doing searches with different terms until you found what you were looking for. In fact, I am positive that I have given at least one person the wrong definition of that term…oops!
I had no idea that people could do that, i.e. the George Bush miserable failure thing. I knew that you could type that in google and his page would come up, but I had no clue as to why. At least I do now! I learned a lot in today’s assignment, Google has so many features that I didn’t know about. I think goggle.com/trends is by far my favorite….coke vs. pepsi, spiderman vs superman, Microsoft vs google…this is too much fun. I have a feeling that I will be spending/wasting a lot of time on this site! It’s especially cool because sometimes it gives events that are pertinent to changes in the trends. i.e. when Christopher Reeves died, Superman had a sudden spike in searches. I typed in tax, and there was a crazy spike in mid April…shocker. Now I can see why google stock has performed the way it has…too bad I didn’t borrow money from someone when it went public. Amit was right, this is gonna be a great class. Have a great weekend everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home