Saturday, July 08, 2006

My Blog

Hey everyone, check out my UW Bothell blog at http://uwbothell.blogspot.com/ e-mail me at mkahn81@gmail.com if you want to be added and I will send you an invitation. Adsense rocks, I've already made $0.78! I got 18 cents from the first click and 60 cents from the second....now I just need to get more traffic to my blog. Btw, my blog is about anything having to do with UWB...if you want to advertise for an event or club, tell a story, ask a question to fellow students or faculty members, or just give props, suggestions, or rants about the school please come by and do so. Today at work I was talking with my friend/co-worker about how much the internet has changed our lives; imagine what life would be like without it...no e-mail, no Myspace, no blogs, no blackboard, no Google or Wikipedia, no instant news or research...it's crazy to think about how much convenience has been added to our lives by this invention. One of my favorite things to do online is research stocks...my dream is to one day run my own mutual or hedge fund. I read an article the other day about how the US is lagging behind other industrialized nations when it comes to broadband internet access for households. I think this is very bad and will greatly impact the economy in the future. Think about how much information is provided and how much time is saved by having broadband; broadband access is also far more expensive here than in most other industrialized countries. I HATE Comcast...talk about a monopoly.

Check out http://www.100bestwebsites.org/ for a list of the best sites on the internet. At that site there is also a link that shows the 21 criteria that were used in picking the sites. Some of the sites included on the list are yahoo (#1) and google (#2) what a shock. Google groups and Google news made the list at #'s six and seven. IMDB.com is one of my favorite sites and it is on there too. It stands for internet movie database, at that site you can type in a movie, actor, director, etc...and it will give tons of info about whatever you type. If you type in a movie it will give the entire cast, then you can click on a cast member and it will show all the movies/shows they have been in, even ones that are still in production. moviemistakes.com is another fun movie site, it is mostly editing mistakes from movies, it's amazing to see what people find there.

I hope everyone is having fun with their blogs, I know I am. Please send me an invite and I will come post on your blog! (mkahn81@gmail.com)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home