Sunday, July 09, 2006

All about the net

Check out the site http://www.isoc.org/internet/history/brief.shtml for a complete history in the internet; it is a really interesting site. Believe it or not Al Gore's name does appear in there briefly :-). It has the origins of the internet dating all the way back to the 60's, as well as some of the challenges faced during its creation. I was playing online earlier when I had some time to kill and I found this funny bot site: http://www.alicebot.org/ click on the left site "chat with alice" and you will talk to a bot. Each session is unique, so it can remember things like your name. It's pretty amazing how many responses the bot has, I believe the code is open source, so anyone can contribute to it. Please check out my UWB blog (University of Washington Bothell Blog)UW Bothell University of Washington Bothell Blog UWB Blog


e-mail me @ mkahn81@gmail.com to join the blog, also invite me to your blog, I'd love to participate

2 Comments:

Blogger Charlene said...

Al Gore did help start the internet because he helped to get funding for the internet. The quote has been so twisted to discredit Gore, well it makes me very angry. As far as I am concerned he is partial responsible for the internet. Errr.

8:41 PM  
Blogger Charlene said...

In my continued irritation, i took the initiative in moving forward and I found (found as in located not founded as in created) this web site http://www.snopes.com/quotes/internet.asp Still kind of miffed.

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home