Thursday, July 13, 2006

Summer 2006, my experiences!

A summary of my experience Summer 2006 at UWB
Summer 2006 UWB has been a intense summer for me so far. As most of you already know I am currently taking 15 credits in what is essentially 4.5 weeks. This is 3 classes, twice a week, for four and half hours each. While far from ideal, I wanted to graduate as soon as possible and this was the only way to do it. Following is a summary of my classes and my experiences.

Consumer Marketing:

This class is very interesting and should be a core requirement of some sort. While the assignments were not really attached to the in-class lectures, I still attended because it was interesting. Overall, this was a great class with only a recommendation to have the assignments mirror the lectures.

Search and the World Wide Web 2006:

This class is exactly what a summer class should be like. I’ve learned more about searching, web sites, and just the web in general then I should ever need to know. At the same time I had fun and was interested the entire class time. With minimal homework, but maximum knowledge gained, this class has the summer quarter technique fine tuned to perfection!

Great Books in Business:

While unnecessarily ambiguous at first this class has turned out to be my most important management class. Through actual researching (requiring me to actually look at real life books) I have learned a plethora of knowledge on management. The discussions in class were invaluable as well as the teamwork. Fantastic class, my only recommendation: less ambiguity!

Nathan MacDonald

1 Comments:

Blogger Nathan MacDonald said...

Well it was an excellent class, just a lot of hard work that would have been made a tad easier with a clearer syllabus.

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home